Monday, May 21, 2012

Don't forget about the baby!

Most of my posts lately have been about Naomi, so I figured it was time for Aleta to get a little blog attention!

Last night was the first night Aleta slept in the crib in her very own room!  Jacob & I were extremely excited.  We never meant for her to sleep in the bassinet in our room for this long.  We intended to move her into her own room somewhere around 2 months, but it took us forever to get her room ready for her.  Basically, when we moved into our new place in January, her room became a storage space for boxes and crap that we didn't have a place for quite yet, and we didn't find the time to organize and clean out her room until today.  But we finally got it ready, and she finally got to sleep in the crib last night.  Yay!
Other than her new sleeping arrangements, there aren't many new things to mention about Aleta.  She is still as cute as ever!  I love holding her and playing with her... she is just so happy and smiley and giggly, and it's adorable!  Naomi loves her, too... she is always wanting to hold her and give her kisses and play with her.  I love watching Naomi and how she is with Aleta.  It makes me a happy mama!

My girls in their sailor outfits... Naomi's dress is actually an 18 month-sized dress, so she had to wear pants with hers. haha




I am still on the search for the perfect lovey for Aleta.  She is at the stage now where she likes having things to hold and look at and play with.  I have a stuffed puppy that we often give her when she is wanting something to hold, and she seems to like it, but I do not want that puppy to become her lovey!  First of all, it's mine... it was a gift from one of my friends my freshmen year of college.  Second of all, it's from Victoria's Secret, and it says so in black lettering on his paw, and I don't really want my daughter to forever carry around a Victoria's Secret puppy.  So before she becomes too attached to it, I need to find a substitute.  I'm being so picky because I want something that is super cute but also washable, and so far, I haven't found anything that fits the bill.  Does something like that even exist?  I don't want her to have a blanky, because blankies get super gross when kids are carrying/dragging them around everywhere.  At least a stuffed animal doesn't get dragged on the ground as much.  But it can't have beans inside like Naomi's hippo because then it can't be washed, and so far, the only cute stuffed animals I've found are beanies.  So I will continue my search!  Hopefully we'll find something soon.
This banana was our go-to toy for Aleta for a couple weeks... she loved holding onto it.  But it was a toy that I had checked out from the Lend & Learn, so I had to give it back.

No comments: