Monday, May 21, 2012

Fun in Columbia

A little over a year ago, I blogged about how I just don't love Missouri.  Most of what I said is still true... especially the part about the tornados (I still panic every time I hear that stupid tornado siren go off) and brown recluse spiders (they found 3... THREE! in one week at my in-laws' house... I unfortunately stumbled upon one of them myself and then I couldn't sleep until we were home again because I was so terrified a brown recluse spider would crawl on me in the night)... but that being said, I have really come to like & appreciate living in Columbia.

Columbia actually has a lot to offer, especially for families and children.  Thanks to my new playgroup and my resolution to be a better mom that I mentioned yesterday, I have been taking advantage of more and more of Columbia's family-friendly programs and activities.  This week, I am going to try super hard to be an awesome mom, and I am going to take Naomi to do something fun every day.  We'll post about our adventures and brag about how much fun we have each day... maybe you'll get so jealous that you'll want to come visit & play with us! (I'm talking to you, my wonderful family who I love and miss!)

So today was the first day of our extra special fun week, and we went to the mall.  They have a little play area for kids in the middle of the mall, so Jacob took Naomi there while I went into a store with Aleta.  Then we took Naomi back to the kiddie rides, which she loves!  She screamed and screamed when we told her it was time to go home.  She continued screaming as we buckled her into the stroller, and as we strolled back through the mall, and as we buckled her into her carseat.  She was throwing such a tantrum that one of us had to hold her into her seat while the other buckled her in.  At least she had fun while we were there!


"Jacob, smile so I can take a picture!"
I also took Naomi to the park tonight when I got home from work.  The weather was gorgeous today!  Beautiful spring 70 degree weather.  I had to work today, which sucked, because I couldn't take Naomi to the park until later in the evening (it was almost 7:00 before I even got home from work) but we still had fun!  I'm hoping this beautiful weather will last one more day, because tomorrow we are going to the zoo in St. Louis, and I can't wait!!!


3 comments:

Mallory said...

Just fyi you are an awesome mom!

Sarah said...

i like this post. you're lots of fun to take them out to do things like that and the st. louis zoo is really fun. i would like to go but it's such a far drive when we go home to visit family after traveling so far already.

Angela said...

Can I just say, that picture of Jacob could be some sort of warning against creepy men coming after your children.
Also, it sounds like you're a great mom! Good thing you take pictures because I don't know if Naomi will remember how cool you were!